Due to COVID-19, STAIR’s Spring 2021 program is virtual.
During the Spring 2021 program, students will receive:
- One-on-one, 60 minute virtual tutoring sessions once a week (these sessions will take place at the same day and time each week and will be led by a trained volunteer tutor)
- Pre-recorded video lessons that students can access on days they do not attend virtual tutoring (provided by STAIR)
- A year-long subscription to a digital library service (provided by STAIR)
- A creative writing journal with weekly assignments (provided by STAIR)
Tutor Commitment: Tutors are asked to dedicate 1.5 hours a week to the STAIR program. This will include one 60 minute virtual tutoring session with an assigned student and 30 minutes each week to complete lesson prep, online reporting and parent communication.
Program Starts: Week of February 1
Program Ends: Week of March 29
To be a virtual tutor in STAIR’s fall program, tutors must:
- Be available to start tutoring the week of February 1.
- Complete an online registration form
- Pass a background check
- Participate in a one-hour virtual training session with STAIR (to take place in January)
STAIR will provide all materials and books; however, tutors will need to have access to the internet and a desktop computer, laptop, iPAD, tablet or phone with a camera for the virtual sessions.
For more information, please contact STAIR at email@example.com or 504.202.8187.