Due to COVID-19, we had to make changes to our Fall 2020 program. Instead of being in-person, STAIR is going virtual. We hope you will consider tutoring with us in the Fall.
During the fall 2020 program, students will receive:
- One-on-one, 60 minute virtual tutoring sessions once a week (these sessions will take place at the same day and time each week and will be led by a trained volunteer tutor)
- Pre-recorded video lessons that students can access on days they do not attend virtual tutoring (provided by STAIR)
- A year-long subscription to a digital library service (provided by STAIR)
- A creative writing journal with weekly assignments (provided by STAIR)
Tutor Commitment: Tutors are asked to dedicate 1.5 hours a week to the STAIR program. This will include one 60 minute virtual tutoring session with an assigned student and 30 minutes each week to complete lesson prep, online reporting and parent communication.
Program Starts: Week of September 21
Program Ends: Week of November 16*
To be a virtual tutor in STAIR’s fall program, tutors must:
- Must be available to start tutoring the week of September 22 or the week of September 28.
- Participate in a one-hour virtual training session with STAIR (to take place in mid-September)
STAIR will provide all materials and books; however, tutors will need to have access to the internet and a desktop computer, laptop, iPAD, tablet or phone with a camera for the virtual sessions.
For more information, please contact STAIR at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504.202.8187.
*For some students tutoring may occur the week of November 30 and the week of December 7